Who's the Dummy?

Everything you wanted to know about ventriloquism. Come join the fun!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

No one's a dummy, if you practice

Welcome to my newest blog, this one for everyone interested in VENTRILOQUISM. Over the years I've received emails from the curious, from students in elementary school to retired adults, asking a zillion different questions about dummies (the puppet kind), or shows, or books, or comedy routines--one person even asked if I could identify an old dummy (complete with digital photo!).

So here's a place dedicated to our conversations, whether newbie or pro, as we pursue our mutual interest of ventriloquism as an entertainment art. So let the posts begin!

Uh, fair warning: If you don't, RONNIE will jump in here and say something, although he and I explicitly agreed that you, dear reader, would get the first crack at posting here. Well, after this post. When I welcome you to the blog. And invite you all to converse. Oh, you get the idea. Right? Okay, so who's first?

4 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Kimn said...

Okay, MY turn. Ronnie here. I can see that this place needs a special hand--er, mouth. So here I am. Kimn's awfully busy, so send ME your questions, your comments, your chocolate chip cookies. Really. I mean it. By the way, I like those mini M&M's in the cookies. Let's talk.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Kimn said...

Oh, how embarrassing. It's me, RONNIE. I thought my reply would show up on the main page, but it's buried, hidden, vamoosed to the back page. I finally got it right and posted on the front page. But THEN I saw it had KIMN'S name on it. Grr. I need my own account. TTFN ~Ronnie

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I actually have a question for you, today, I acquired a very special ventriloquist figure for $1.00 at a yard sale, since my mom was a doll collector, when I got it home I checked the head for a clue. I have found out that she is a very rare, one. Her name is Hayley O'Hara, 1967, in her orginal clothing, just missing socks and shoes. She is the supposed girlfriend of Danny O'Day. She has a cloth stuffed body and I would say excellent shape, even the collar of the outfit is white. My question is how do I find out what she is worth? It is a gift for my 82yr. old father for Father's day and I'd like to give him as much information as I can about her because she is so special. I have no clue if you will get this, but, if you do, anything you can give me about her would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Kimn said...

Hi jpookaa1, thanks for posting your question. I found a link to an eBay listing that shows some detail about Hayley plus a photo here. You might also check with Clinton Detweiler by contacting him at his blog. I hope this helps. Come back and let me know how your father liked Hayley! ~Kimn (oh, and Ronnie asked if you would say "hello" to Hayley for him, the flirt!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home